Motor boat license plus RYA Powerboat Level 2 and the International Certificate of Competency (ICC) course - 2 day course
This 2 day powerboat course will qualify you for the RYA powerboat level 2 certificate and give you necessary skills and paperwork to convert this into a NSW boat licence and the International Certificate of Competency (ICC) for motor boats up to 10m. This entry level course provides the skills and background knowledge needed to drive a powerboat. The course focuses on low speed close quarters handling, man overboard recovery, docking, an introduction to driving at planing speed and collision regulations.
The course runs from 9am-4pm each day and includes theory sessions and practical handling / skills work. We supply training material including an RYA Start Powerboat Handbook (or available as a ebook) and an Australian Sailing log book. Our vessels have the required safety gear, inflatable lifejackets and spray jackets for your use.
Eastsails’ training vessels include:
- A custom built 8m tender with twin 115hp counter rotating outboard engines.
- An Arvor Weekender 23’ with an inboard 150hp engine bow thruster.
- A Haines Hunter 445R runabout with a 50hp 4 stroke outboard engine.
The Australia Sailing Start Powerboat handling certificate and the RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate will be issued after the successful completion of the required number of days and satisfactory demonstration of the skills as described in the RYA Logbook. In the event a trainee is not awarded a certificate, further training will be offered at the trainee’s expense.
Holders of the RYA Yachtmaster (Sail) who want to work commercially under the NSW Roads and Maritime exemption can have the boat LOA extended from 12m to 24m by successfully completing this course.
Cost is $725 for 2 days. Dates:October 14-15, November 4-5, December 9-10
- Attendees must be at least 12 years old.
- Candidates under the age of 16 will be issued with an endorsed certificate.
- Previous boating experience is not required
What to bring:
- Photo identification so we can register your certificate.
- Sunblock, hat and sunglasses with safety strap
- Water bottle, lunch and snacks
- Pen and notepad
- Dress appropriate to the weather but note in can be cooler on the water. bring a spray jacket or you can borrow one from us.
How to gain your NSW Boat Licence
You can apply for a NSW Boat Licence with NSW Roads and Maritime after completing this course. You will need to take the certificate you receive on this course together with photo ID and the licence fee to any service NSW Office.
Launching & Recovery
Confined Space Manoeuvering
Man Overboard Procedure
High Speed Handling
Basic Chart Work