Hydrate your senses with the sea!
About EastSail. EastSail was founded in September 1983, EastSail was launched on the same day Australia 11 won the America’s Cup. Auspicious beginnings indeed for Deb and Pete, two young Sydneysiders with a passion for sailing and a dream of owning a sailing company.
Their innate sense of adventure and determination has led these young entrepreneurs through a thirty year journey at EastSail. The company has grown to a full time staff of eight and a team of 20 highly qualified skippers and instructors and a $5 million fleet of 23 yachts and cruisers. EastSail fleet is second to none in Australia. Beneteau, Dufour, Sydney yachts and our cruisers are the latest in design, well maintained and impeccably presented.
The formula for their success has been the provision of a quality product, and anticipation of market needs coupled with superb service to ensure clients have that an unforgettable experience. EastSail’s commitment was rewarded with the NSW and Australian Tourism Award for Business Excellence in Adventure Tourism.
The EastSail base is located only 10 minutes from the City in Rushcutters Bay, a delightful work environment, where there is a floating marina and all the facilities required to run a thriving leisure tourism business. The marina is adjacent to the Cruising Yacht Club, the home of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race and a great venue for post sailing entertainment.
Centered around a family run, lifestyle business all EastSail staff are bound by a love of sailing and the harbour and are an eclectic mixture of Australian, British, and European. Team EastSail are friendly, dedicated, professional and fun delivering the quality of service that EastSail has become renowned.
Today EastSail is at the forefront of Sydney Harbour Sailing Events. About EastSail:
- Corporate sailing events such as sailing regattas, teambuilding and fun treasure hunts.
- Boat hire aboard our skippered motor cruisers.
- Boat charter aboard luxury sailing yachts available bareboat or with a skipper.
- Learning to sail. EastSail is Australia’s largest sailing school offering internationally accredited RYA sail training on Sydney Harbour and the picturesque NSW coast.
- Courses cover all levels from beginners to Competent Crew and Dayskipper through to advanced Coastal and Offshore Yachtmaster. We also conduct courses in navigation, radio, marine first aid, sea safety and survival and STCW95.
- Sightseeing, adventure sailing cruises are an intimate was to explore the scenic wonders of Sydney Harbour.
- Romantic overnight packages allow couples their own private yacht for the evening.
Eastsail are currently seeking an enthusiastic sailing coach and RYA instructor to lead our team. This is a full time role, and includes weekend work. The successful applicant will implement and deliver RYA training courses and expand our school to offer keel boat and windsurfing training in 2018. Applicants should have a strong background in teaching / coaching . Eastsail run the RYA Cruising Courses up to the Yachtmaster level and RYA / AS Powerboat courses. The ideal candidate will hold instructor qualifications in these disciplines and have a proven record of delivering high level coaching from beginner to advanced / elite level.
RYA or AS Windsurfing Instructor
RYA or AS senior Dinghy or Keelboat instructor
RYA Yachtmaster (Offshore or Ocean)
RYA Cruising or Yachtmaster Instructor
Sea Safety and Survival course
Marine Radio License
First Aid certificate
Working with Children clearance
Diesel Engine Maintenance course
In accordance with Australian Consumer laws, Eastsail shall provide compensation if:
The vessel booked is not available at the time of hiring.
The vessel has significant mechanical failure caused by a lack of maintenance by Eastsail, such as which can not be repaired during the hire period by Eastsail
Compensation includes a full refund, partial refund or such compensation that is mutually agreed between the hirer and Eastsail