Australian Sailing Power Boat Handling Course and NSW Motor Boat Drivers License training.
This 1 day course will give you the skills and knowledge to skipper a small motor boat and the requirements to allow you to apply for a NSW motor boat licence.
This course begins at 9am and finishes at 4pm and combines theory and practical sessions covering driving skills, give way rules, trip planning, boat maintenance, safety equipment and dealing with emergency situations.
We supply the training material and an Australian Start Power Boating logbook. Use of safety gear including an inflatable life jacket and spray jacket is included.
Our training vessels include:
- A custom built 8m tender with twin 115hp counter rotating outboard engines.
- An Arvor Weekender 23’ with a 150hp inboard engine and bow thruster.
- Haines Hunter 445R runabout with a 50hp 4 stroke outboard engine.
The Australian Sailing Start Powerboat Handling Certificate will be issued after successful demonstration of the skills as described in the Australian Sailing Logbook. In the event a trainee is not awarded a certificate, further training will be offered at the trainee’s expense.
Cost is $395. Dates: October 14, November 4, December 10
- Attendees must be at least 12 years old
- Previous boating experience is not required
What to bring :
- Photo identification so we can register your certificate.
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses with safety strap.
- Water bottle, lunch and snacks.
- Pen and notepad
- Dress according to the weather, note it is cooler on the water, also bring a spray jacket or you may borrow one from us.
How to gain your NSW Boat Licence
You can apply for a NSW Boat Licence with NSW Roads and Maritime after completing this course. Simply take the course certificate together with photo ID and the licence fee to any service NSW Office. .